Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I go to get a copy of a police or accident report?

Contact the Police Department Records Division, Room 105 in the City Center, 324 West Evans Street, Florence

Is there a charge for the report?

There is a $3.00 service charge for each report.

Whom do I call for information about my court date if I received a ticket from a City officer?

Call City Court at 843-665-3148

Does the Police Department do security checks on homes when people are out of town?

Yes.  All you have to do is call 843-665-3191 and tell them that you would like a special watch put on your house.  The desk officer will get some information from you and officers will check your residence while you are gone.

Should I report suspicious activity even if I'm not willing to get involved?

Yes.  You  should call 911 or 665-3191.

Does the City of Florence have a jail?

No.  Those who are arrested must be transported to the county jail at the Law Enforcement Complex in Effingham.  Call 843-665-9944 for information.