Freedom Florence Recreation Complex consists of a five field baseball/softball facility, a four field youth softball facility, a gymnastics training center, a three field football facility, public fishing area pond with an adjacent picnic facility, as well as trails for walking/hiking/jogging/biking. All trails may be accessed from Stockade Road, which is located off of National Cemetery Road, at the corner of the Florence National Cemetery.
- Admission: No admission will be charged to enter the Freedom Florence Recreation Complex except during special events and weekend baseball/softball/football tournaments.
- Uses of Outdoor Facilities: Softball fields, football fields, concessions stand, picnic and play areas must be scheduled through the City of Florence Parks and Recreation Dept. at (843) 665-3253. Normally, events are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis. A reservation fee is required, dependant on the needs of your event.
- Major Tournament Attraction: The City of Florence Parks and Recreation Department works with many different groups and athletic associations to attract and host local, invitational, state, regional, and national level tournaments. Freedom Florence has become a regular host of the Dixie Youth State Tournament in the AAA/Majors age groups as well as the South Carolina Recreation and Parks Association's Eastern District All Star Football Tournament in the 9-10 and 11-12 year old age groups.
- Economic Impact: The Freedom Florence Recreation Complex, through hosting regularly scheduled weekend tournaments, has and will create a positive economic impact for the Florence Business Community each year.
- Concessions: The concession stand at the Freedom Florence Recreation Complex will strive to generate revenue to help offset the operating budget and create customer good will.
- Program Areas: We will offer sports programs and other activities at Freedom Florence Recreation Complex through the City's Parks and Recreation Department.
- Maintenance: The maintenance staff, under the direction of the Freedom Florence Complex Coordinator, will maintain the grounds and facilities in a way that promotes a safe and pleasing experience for all users and visitors.
- Park Rules and Regulations: (see rules, attached).
- Security: City Staff will ensure they follow those park regulations and that a safe environment exists for the public.